#001 The SDR DiscoCall Podcast - Neil Bhuiyan
November 23, 2020
How being “the Idiot in the Room” gave me an SDR advantage. Learn the secrets to sales development success in the world of SaaS with Neil Bhuiyan.
Welcome to the first-ever episode of the SDR DiscoCall podcast, hosted by HappySelling Founder and MD Neil Bhuiyan. Listen in for inspiration from the man who has learned from the ground up the secrets to success as an SDR and now wants to share these insights and practices to help brand new SDRs become happy and successful sellers in their own right. Neil shares the story of how he went from a teenage tearaway and someone with an inherent dislike for the stereotypical salesperson to become a successful SDR and now MD of his own SDR training and consultancy business, all without a university education or a formal sales training background. Neil is living proof that with passion, confidence, belief, and an enthusiasm to never stop learning, the sky’s the limit.
- Introduction [00:00:09.610]
- How the SDR Disco-Call Podcast Came About [00:00:44.110]
- Neil’s Story: The Early Days [00:01:58.470]
- It started with an Iphone [00:04:16.480]
- Why not having a university degree shouldn’t hold you back? [00:06:33.890]
- Don’t be scared to seek out opportunities [00:09:42.440]
- The road to Zuora Inc - start-up success [00:12:59.670]
- The beginning of a great journey: Zuora and beyond [00:19:58.600]
- Never Stop Learning: John Barrows sales training [00:28:07.810]
- The Guardian Newspaper: 3 years Outbound in the making but the hard work paid off [00:28:59.460]
- Neil’s part in Game of Thrones - how SDR’s can help change the world [00:30:40.550]
- Neil’s Key Takeaways [00:32:53.250]